f

Sunday 31 October 2021

L I M I T E D E D I T I O N | Revisited 30-31

In today's LE Revisited post it's time to head back to collections 30 and 31 which came out back in November 2016 and March 2017, I really don't feel like they were that long ago! The Parisian vibes continued in LE30, but LE31 really stepped into a more modern LA-type vibe with definitely a shift in the style and designs of the pieces noticed between these two collections. LE30 is definitely not one of my more loved releases, I didn't pick up a lot at the time but managed to get the amazing LE Elegant Over The Shoulders Jacket in the Bazaar sometime in the last few years for a great price - one piece I would love to try out from this release are the LE Super High Velvet Boots which are over the knee and in such a beautiful navy colour, I think I'm going to have a hunt for them after writing this post! I definitely preferred LE31 between these two collections, I bought a lot from this one at the time of release but actually I found most of the pieces I got were quite tricky to style and fit into my wardrobe, so most of them have been sold on but I have held onto a couple of pieces that have really lasted and I like styling. Lets get into the looks!
With the golden accessories I thought these two looks paired together nicely. In the first look I've styled the LE Karen Walker Inspired Sunglasses (30th Collection) and Gold Heel Mules (31st Collection), but really these glasses could have gone easily in a couple of looks I've styled today, but these two accessories look pretty nice together I think - I've worn the glasses relatively regularly over the years, the shoes not so much but I have posted a few stylings with them on the blog before. I love a cropped length of trouser/skirt/dress with these so that the ribbon detailing around the ankle gets shown off, these culottes are perfect for that! I kept an all black and simple clothing look so that the focus was on the accessories. I love this bag in the styling too, super simple yet very stylish with just a little gold detail to match with the LE pieces - overall I really love it^ Second up is the LE Chloe Inspired Cable Knit Dress (30th Collection) in a simple styling, I do find this one tricky to style because it's hard to wear with other clothing pieces with it's oversized design, it can look good on its own too. I've gone down the 'typical me' route using gold accessories but more of a muted gold, I don't think I've ever used this bag before but I think it's very nice in this outfit. I don't see many people wearing this dress, would love to see someone else try and style it up =D
Next up some dark looks that are quite ready for the Winter to hit! In the first look are the Leather Belted Pants (31st Collection), I've styled them for a post or two on the blog previously and actually I find them super fun to work with so I need to get them out more this season. The cropped length is a little of an awkward one, so I get over that with boots, I love this pairing so much, these over the knee patent boots are fantastic with the texture of the trousers. I knew I wanted to wear a smarter shirt with these, white is a classic choice and I think it works well with the sheen on the trousers. I tried a lot of different coats with this look, but loved the oversized shoulders of this grey one with this outfit, I think the colour works nicely with both the black and white pieces; and couldn't help but add more sheen with this fabulous patent jewelled bag, love it! And then there is the LE Elegant Over The Shoulders Jacket (30th Collection), which I've worn so much since getting it in the Bazaar, so easy to style and it goes with so many pieces. I prefer staying away form the gold tones when wearing this because I think it has such a silvery vibe to it in the sheen on it, so I picked a matching culotte, I love these two together so much! I've fallen into loving beige tones with these trousers recently in stylings, so of course I continued that here, and I think the combination makes for a nice Autumn styling, the simple additions keep the focus on the amazing black pieces in the styling.
And for the final two looks - first up is the Ribbed Cropped Top (31st Collection) which I picked up in the Bazaar a couple of years ago after really wanting it for a long time. I struggled with styling it at first because it's really very cropped, but I've worn it a few times now and have worked out the best high-waisted pieces quite well. I love pairing this with beige/brown tones to match the button detailing at the neckline of the piece, these trousers look fabulous with it I think! I kept with a few simple black accessories, I love the slim straps of the shoes and the thin belt I think they work very nice to add a little balance, then I went a bit heavier with the bag and jacket. I really love this outfit I think, it's something a bit different for this piece, and it's another one I don't see styled often at all on members, so I'd love to see some people dig it out of their wardrobes and give it a go! And onto the final piece, the LE SS2017 Handbag (31st Collection) which I've styled up a couple of times on the blog - I considered selling this piece a number of years ago, but putting together some stylings made me keep it, and I'm glad because I adore this outfit I've put together for this post so much =D When I was starting to style this I was lacking some inspiration, so I looked online for some stylings with the Chloe Nile Bag (the inspiration for this piece), and found a couple of cute combinations that I liked and then this outfit came together - that was so worthwhile for me and is always an idea if you're not sure how to style something! This midi skirt is black, but the shade is different to that of the bag and the shoes, I don't mind this mixing so much, I think it helps make the bag stand out in the styling. And I thought these super cute shoes deserved some wear too, the brooch detailing has a gold hint to it so I think pairs well with the bag. I haven't worn this oversized perfect-for-Autumn sweater in a long time, but this look is perfect to revive it, I think it looks awesome in this outfit! This is a great Autumnal styling, and now I kind of don't want to take it off to style up something else^

1 comment:

  1. Very intresting LE collections and awesome outfits! I've got only 2 items from 30th, but I wear them all the time.

    ReplyDelete