f

Sunday 17 October 2021

B A S I C S | Styled By You / / Styled By Me

Within the last few releases we got some brand new BASICS pieces and this time they've really stepped it up with the styles included - the colours are spot on for this Autumn season and the pieces aren't as 'basic' as some of the previous ones from the store. The designs are all looking very Sezane-inspired and I love having that vibe, but I'd love a stand alone Sezane based store because there are so many great prints and styles that the brand have that they deserve a big spotlight if we're going to have them for our dolls I think! Anyway, this is a very nice taster and I've seen some fabulous features to share before including my own stylings, first up is fergaysson styling the Puff Sleeve Dress Purple. This piece I wasn't so sure about on my own doll, but it rocks in this look - the layering with the skirt ontop is pretty perfect I'd say. The colour is perfect, it fits yet the brighter tone really highlights against the tights which match the dress. The pleated draped style is great too^ Also love the accessories, this dinky perspex clutch is adorable and the colour is perfect for the styling, and the beautiful earrings really pop in the look especially against the blonde hair styling - overall such a great styling =D
And then we have Mery.- who wears the Wool Trousers Purple and matching Leather Belt Purple in a rather stylish look with this very cool coat, I love it so much! The retro vies are fabulous in it too^ The colour really pops against the black and white of the rest of the pieces, with both the trousers and the polka dots managing to balance the focus very nicely. Really love the accessories, the bag is the perfect addition alongside these sweet earrings and the retro sunglasses - perfection^
I didn't think I'd be able to pull off the magenta, but these guys are making it seem wearable so maybe I will give the colour a chance! In the meantime I picked up a few things, first the Wool Trousers Green, and after styling them I'm really seeing the need for the matching belt, so I think I'll be getting that too. I found these very easy to style, it's very classic me, but the green and the beige are perfect for each other - other colours will work too, but I think some trial and error will be needed along with creativity =) I added accessories in a different beige tone and I really like the contrast there, I think everything pairs together nicely and I know I'll wear these trousers again for sure. Then I picked up some of the blouses and actually I found these more difficult to style than anticipated, perhaps why the outfits are looking a little similar. So the first one is the Blouse Yellow and I really liked tan/brown pieces with it, but couldn't decide at all on which trousers to pick so I opted for something completely different, haha! But I think the white works nicely with the pearl buttons on the blouse still. I really like the wide leg style with the blouse design, I think it's really cute, but I'm definitely lacking a belt, I didn't have anything that worked well enough. For accessories it's a bit of a mix, the yellow shoes are a nice little balance, and the earrings balance the light trousers and lastly managed to get some tan in the look with this bag, I really love it with the blouse! The last piece is the Blouse Green, and after styling the other one I found this one easier as I knew what style of trouser worked with the pieces. I like the more yellowed tone of these against the green, the two colours are perfect together I think. Again opted for boots to match the blouse, and I just love this bag with the outfit, makes for a perfect finishing touch =)

No comments:

Post a Comment