f

Monday 6 July 2020

H O T B U Y S R E V I S I T E D | July 2009

This month another step back to the 2009 HB's - which I really remember as being not that long ago, can't believe 11 years! Looking now, we wouldn't be too impressed if this was the July 2020 HB's but back them I remember thinking they were so cool - everyone had the Record Necklace (from Bizou if anyone is wanting to search the Bazaar!), and the animal print vibes to the Tiger Bodysuit (RIO) and Jumpsuit (Fudge) were also a hit. At some point I think I had most of the accessories and also the 80s Dress (Bizou) but now I'm down to one piece - the Plastic Purse which for whatever reason I just can't let go of! I really never style this, so now is the opportunity for it to shine:
I'll start by saying what a struggle this was - I sat down to style these looks at least 3 different times before actually coming up with some looks, and I think they really aren't perfect for this bag. They need a little work, this bag needs a lot of thought for styling, so I do see why it's not styled much and why I haven't worn it very much in the last 11 years. First up I tried with some purple, I don't have anything that's a perfect match to the colour of the bag, these pastel trousers aren't too bad I don't think. I didn't want to go overboard with more purple, so I used the black trimming on the bag to add black to the look - I like the use of the sheeny shoes, I think they look great against the bag with the more matte-style clothing pieces in the look^ Second up I decided to try and make this jacket work, I think the sequin detailing on the pockets and cuffs looks great and I think it does work nicely with the bag. I kept black trousers to really have focus on the details, but added some purple in the top and shoes - I don't think it's quite right yet for the bag, but it's not too bad!

I'd love to see some of you guys give this bag a go and let me know how your stylings get on =D

No comments:

Post a Comment