f

Sunday 31 March 2019

M A R C H 2019 | Hotbuys Review

Oh wow, we're really now at the end of March! These Hotbuys were pretty fun, I was super excited for the accessories this time, they really look amazing and we've got quite a few pieces in different styles to choose from. The 'theme' if you can call it that, is split between a Louis Vuitton and a Balenciaga look, so hopefully a little something for everyone? I think the pieces seem quite versatile at first glances, so I think they should work out well!

F I R S T I M P R E S S I O N S
LV Party Sunglasses - I think we're all aware I love sunglasses a lot, they might be my favourite accessory, so I'm excited to add this pair to my collection. They're pretty different to anything else I have, they're frameless with a focus on the lenses. I like the black ombre effect and the golden detailing is great, it's really perfect for me^ I like that they're quite a light pair and I think will work well with a range of styles =) Original Future 18SD's
LV Inspired Boots - These boots are totally awesome - they're what you would want to wear to work everyday if you could get away with it, such a smart-style vibe to them. I like the intricate pinstriping in the pink, it's unique, you certainly won't find another pair like them in the Plaza or Bazaar. I like the design around the ankle, it looks modern and will be fun with different hems and socks! Velvet Orchid 26SD's
LV Inspired Clutch - Definitely excited for this bag, it's black with gold detailing - I think that describes most of what I look for in a piece! It's definitely stand out with the individual design, I love these shape-style pieces, and actually they're ones I find myself reaching for quite often because they really do stand out in looks. The details on the graphic of this piece is stunning, they've really gone all out creating it and getting it spot on to the original^ Evil Panda 19SD's
 
LV Inspired Vest - I love the idea of this vest, a few years ago I loved another HB vest and really wore it to death, I got so much use out of it, but it's fallen into the depths of my wardrobe and hasn't really been worn in the past years - so I worry the same would happen to this one. This one has many better features, it's got a great fitted design and small details like the belting and the buttons, and the leather texturing looks amazing. I have to say this seems one of the most popular pieces this month =) Fallen Angel 24SD's
LV Inspired Dress - I wanted to love this dress, I'm all about that blue shade and the pattern is very cute and looks really great, but the piece doesn't work for me on my doll, so I'm a little sad about that. For me it's the balance in shapes, the sleeves are that little too oversized for the shaping of the dress for my style. I've seen one or two people give this a go, and I think it's just one of those pieces that needs a little time, I'm tempted to buy it and give it some before styling, but then there's a high chance I'll forget about it - what do you guys think?! Bizou 23SD's
Balenciaga Inspired Bag - Love love love this bag, it's adorable! It's totally on trend with the scarf detailing wrapping around the handle and then draping at the ends, it looks fantastic! The small size of the body of the bag is a popular style and it works well with the oversizing of the scarf. The colours are fun and definitely make it an easy piece to fit into many different looks, I'm eyeing up that blue with a fabulous pair of trousers already^ Original Future 26SD's
Drop Gold Silver Earrings - These earrings are dreamy - they've got a strong black base to the middle hoop and they're silver and gold ... I don't think I could ask for much else! That makes them pretty classic and easy to style into different looks, I've seen them in countless styles already on you guys so I know these are a great investment. I like that they're a single pair and not sold separately, that works much better for me, and the black will be a good contrast so they won't get lost in blonde hairstyles =) It Girls 14SD's
Balenciaga Inspired Jeans Skirt - While I generally don't go for denim skirts as I know I don't get much wear out of them, I really quite liked this one, I think it's all about that cool waistline! A black piece can be very versatile, and probably moreso for me than the traditional blue denim skirts would be, so I'm giving this one a go even if the price tag definitely is a little high for a simple denim skirt. RIO 24SD's
Balenciaga Inspired Sandals - I have to say, I thought I'd really like these heels - they've got a black base with a simple strappy design, and then are covered in fun coloured stripes, but I'm really not enjoying them! I've seen them styled up really nicely, but I don't like them on my own doll, a shame, but I can't always love everything^ They will work nicely in looks with a lot of colours though! Bizou 22SD's
Balenciaga Inspired Shirt - And the final piece! I think you might assume I wouldn't go for this, but I've gone a little crazy and I want to give this a go =) While the bright green is quite bold, I love the oversized shape and style that this piece has, the collar is great too. The design fits pretty closely to the original inspiration and I'm quite excited to give this a try - maybe I will be pleasantly surprised =D It Girls 29SD's

F E A T U R E S
First up in this section, Mia1435 wearing the LV Party Sunglasses in this cool streetstyle look. The beauty styling of this look definitely pulls in the attention, I adore the deep purple lip, super cool with the glasses and I love the hairstyle a lot. The block sections of black in the look balance well with the white and perspex parts and I think the glasses fit in just perfectly =)
In this second styling DiaryOfDreams wears the LV Inspired Clutch which looks stunning and stands out against these loose cream trousers very nicely. Love the leather texture paired with this pleather one-shoulder top, they're fabulous together^ The silver belt is a great chunky touch, and I like the contrast with the golden accents on the bag. 
This next look from TheBellaMarieC, wearing the LV Inspired Vest, really tempts me to try this piece out! I love the casual vibes that have been added to this look, the white base really works with the black of the vest and makes it seem much more wearable in my style. The grey of the trousers is a good midtone to pair with the contrast in the rest of the look^
And, unusually, a fourth feature - RiManiKordenty styling the Balenciaga Inspired Bag. This really was the first of many that I have spotted with this piece! This is exactly the sort of look I was imagining with this bag, using one of the scarf colours in the look and the red is stunning! The lattice cardigan is super cute with great detail and I love the ruffling of the miniskirt, everything works perfectly together =)

S T Y L I N G S
The Guest Writer looks this month are fabulous - in fact the 4 of them really seem to fit together in a set nicely without meaning to^ I love that each of them features a different piece, showing this months HBs really provide a range of styles to suit a range of people =) Miloshki styles the LV Inspired Vest proving it's a perfect layering piece, I love it here without anything layered underneath and we have the deep V neckline, the red touches are fab^ Next up, AudreyHepburn. wearing the LV Inspired Boots and the pink of the dress highlights the beautiful colour of these and their femininity, it's super inspiring for me =) I love the sparkling of the tights and the metallic touch in the jacket - plus introducing florals for spring! Cinderela23barb is third, styling the Drop Gold Silver Earrings which are just dreamy with this stunning hairstyle, so stand out! The gold of these really pops and looks great with the overcoat and the print on the tee. The black in the clothes provide a solid yet stylish base, and I love the retro touch also added in the glasses^ And last but not least, vogue_veronica wearing the LV Inspired Clutch which fits right in with this regal golden styling, a look after my own heart! The bag works great as a belt-piece, that's a super fun way to wear  - it's all about those little additions in this one centred around this fabulous jacket.
Considering we're coming into Spring I seem to have regressed by styling 3 black-based looks! Firstly wearing the LV Party Sunglasses in the most Spring-like of looks, I really love it with this slip dress, and to avoid a jacket, I layered with a polo, I really like how it looks. The golden details on the glasses work well with the polka dots and these golden heels are a great finishing touch. Secondly the Balenciaga Inspired Jeans Skirt - for this I put together a couple of looks to see, and in the end chose this one with a sheeny black base and going a little more dressed, I styled this back when the skirt was released, and looking back now I'm not sure I love it so much anymore, I do think it works, but I don't think it's the direction I want to take with this skirt, I think the look might be better with something silk instead. And lastly the Drop Gold Silver Earrings, and yes, paired with the same shoes as the first look, these ones are just good with this months HBs! I love that the earrings still manage to stand out on the blonde hairstyle I've got on, and for me it was all about little gold touches, like the buttons on this open neck blazer and the heels. The mass of black in the look definitely helps highlight the black hoops of the earrings. When styling these I found I had quite a few options without even really needing to think too much, so these seem super versatile and I look forward to wearing them more!

No comments:

Post a Comment