f

Wednesday 19 July 2017

C A L L I E S P I C K S | Release Review

Last week brought another Callie's Picks release, themed on vacations this time which is definitely seasonally appropriate. I don't see anything special in the homepage advert, somehow these Callie's Picks ones are always a little lacking in that aspect, but at least I'm going into it with a blank slate of opinion about the release =D
Highlights This release was actually pretty big for Callie's Picks, with two quite packed floors filled with summery styles for us to chose from. At first glance I'm seeing lots of old Hotbuys and older Tribute pieces, so I think it will be easy for people to find items they might have been looking for here =)
Accessories There are actually quite a lot of accessory pieces with this release, which is a nice surprise. In shoes there are a whopping 7 pairs on offer! There are 3 pairs which are from previous Tribute stores which I already own, but would highly recommend - the Dark Slip On Heels are in the popular mule style and I have really enjoyed wearing them, they are versatile and are great Spring through Autumn shoes. Then also from Fendi the Black Orange Heels and Nude Peach Heels which I love the style of and it's nice to see two colour choices on offer. They are versatile shoes which work well with both dresses and skirts and trousers. There's also an old Hotbuy, the Tan Cork Wedges which are a great summer staple - I like the tan leather in summer and they make a good shoe for a light outfit. The rest of the shoe offerings are also wedge/platform styles, although I don't find myself quite so enamoured by them, the Soil Heels are a good deal being quite a desired piece and in SC's, and if you're looking for a little inspiration I styled some looks a few months back for the spring^ There are 4 bags all from previous Tribute releases and some of which I think have been in Callie's Picks releases in the past - not everything tempts me this time but I am thinking about the Tomato Lemon Clutch, a small piece with a perspex material and bright coloured keychains, and then also the Round Bolt Purse - you can't get me away from white and gold for too long and I like the over shoulder design of this piece. There's just a couple of other pieces in the accessories category, the most notable addition being the Tahitian Pearl Choker.
Clothing There's such a mix of clothing pieces in this release, almost too many random pieces with little link or theme which is a little of a let down for me. One positive is that there are a lot of older pieces there so newer members will be quite happy to get some of them. The white pieces in this release definitely stood out, it's great for light bright summer stylings - and there were quite a few pieces that I used to own and then sold, like the Thespian Chic Blouse and the White Out Shirt. But I also like the look of the Pure White Skirt and also the Chiffon Long Cardigan which I think is a fab beach-style piece. Not so many dresses in this release, but the pretty green Woven Halter dress does look quite good and I'm a little tempted by it - the shape is flattering and I think it could make a nice summer styling with just the right accessories =) The separate tops and bottoms definitely include some fantastic picks, I'm really liking the bright colours of the Tangerine Tie Blouse and Ruffle Crop Top, which I already had, but this is a bargain if you're wanting it - I find it easy to style and it's a great fun piece to try out! The Fantasy Print Skirt is a cute piece, and the colours are pretty great, combined with the right other pieces, it could stand out really nicely for summer despite the slightly darker tone. But if you're not wanting something quite so printed, then the Navy Miniskirt is a good direction to go in - it's got a good fit and is a nice basic to have in your wardrobe.
Prices This release ranges from 6 to 30SD's and there are quite a few pieces available in SC's. Plus there are no SS or Royalty only pieces. I think things are pretty well priced and there are some great bargains to be had!
Styled Outfits Despite only buying a few pieces, I had a lot of fun and chances to be creative with the white pieces! They are easy to fit into my wardrobe and I'm happy with what I bought =) First up the White Out Shirt and Pure White Skirt, the shirt of which I owned the first time it came out and then sold it. I stumbled upon placing them together and really liked how it worked in this smart-ish summer dress styling. I was easy to find some accessories to match, it definitely needed the belt to make sure shape was achieved, but I like the use of orange. My second look also uses the Pure White Skirt and I really like this one, having the long cami over the top is great for summer and I love the looser feel to the outfit compared to the first one. I made use of the black lines on the top for the accessories and I love the smarter feel that they add to the outfit. And lastly the Thespian Chic Blouse, another piece I owned the first time around but sold! I wanted to give it another chance with this release and I'm glad I did as it makes a nice change to the usual white blouse I wear =P I like the sleeve length and style and think they will look pretty in a lot of different looks. Decided to add these Fendi Culottes and I'm really pleased with the pairing and also the accessorising I did - shoes, bag, belts and a necklace, that's a lot for me - but I love the combination and really like this style on me! Overall I don't think I could be happier with the outcome of these styles, they just feel super summery and very 'current me' which is all I could have hoped for - very pleased with this release =D
Features I didn't see a huge number of people wearing this release really, but luckily I did see one really good one! Polinapolinka is wearing the Net Dress, a piece I considered but passed over as I don't think it's for my doll, but it sure is for this one! I love how it's been combined into the style and used more as an extra and not the main clothing item. It looks great with the white trousers beneath and the tee-sheer-sleeve combination on top. I'm also super impressed with the belt styling, it looks great with the meshed dress =D

No comments:

Post a Comment