f

Sunday 6 May 2018

R U N W A Y | Release Review

Exciting stuff last week with our new Runway release, I forgot that it had been a while since the last time we got this store! The advertising is pretty standard, showing off contrasting styles available in the store standing out nicely against the red - these looks aren't hugely my style, so I'm not sure if this will be a good release for me or not!
Highlights The release is of comparable size to previous ones, with 7 looks to choose from and even including 2 male looks which I think is a good development in making more choices for the guys! This release is pretty dressed up, not too much casual-ness seen here^
Accessories For a small collection there's a pretty decent range of accessories available. There are two pairs of shoes, the Zuhair Murad Inspired Sandals Black and Beige which I think are of beautiful design, I love the open-ness of the foot with the crossed strapping up the ankle, it's quite different and will definitely stand out in a look! Sadly no bags in this release, but instead a few jewellery pieces. the Zuhair Murad Inspired Body Necklace is intricate and sure popular, selling out pretty quickly! I love the gold of it, and so far I haven't seen it styled badly! The Zuhair Murad Inspired Belt is such a pretty piece, I love the palm leaf design and think it will be popular to wear in many styles - we all know I love gold, so this went into my basket immediately! And then some earrings with the Flower Fabric Earrings, which are pretty stand out with their very large size and light colour. They look quite lacy close up too - while they will work for some people, they're not earrings I can see myself styling!
Clothing And our clothing! The emphasis is on glamour with these pieces! There are two dresses and three co-ord sets available, I quite like this direction with the store as looks feel quite complete how they're sold. The dresses are quite different, firstly is the Zuhair Murad Inspired Dress, a split leg maxi piece with cool cutouts on the bodice and in a fab red design, it's quite my style but I'm not a regular gown wearer - I think the neckline gives great opportunity for some fab jewellery and the split leg means you can show off footwear too. Then there is the Zuhair Murad Inspired Feather Dress, a sheer style netted piece with fabulous feather sleeves - while I like the sleeve style, there's not enough in the rest of the dress for me to want it, it sure requires the right occasion for wearing it! And for the co-ord sets, each one does follow a different style, so that covers most people, but it's pushing the boat out if you're not used to dressing glamorously all the time! The most casual is probably the Zuhair Murad Inspired Jacket and Trousers, a cool printed set with a slightly loose fit and a light feel with the neutral base colour. The black and patterned style and trim are pretty cool and definitely add details to an outfit. The fit of both pieces are great too. Then if you're wanting something super sparkly, the Raisa Vanessa Inspired Glitter Top and Trousers are for you! These pieces are so shimmery, almost a little too shimmery even for me! I really like the frilled and sheer design of the trousers, but I wouldn't want the gold belt all the time, so it's a little limiting for this piece. And lastly the Raisa Vanessa Inspired Top and Skirt, black frilled-edge pieces with a sheer style - I definitely like these the least, they don't come across as hugely wearable to me, so it's quite an expense for pieces you have to wear in a certain way.
Prices The release costs from 20 to 119SD's, and a couple of the pieces are SS only, but mostly it's an accessible store for everyone, if you have the SD's. This is pretty on track with previous releases too.
Styled Outfits Have to say, I didn't enjoy styling this release as much as I thought I would, maybe I'm just in a dip of inspiration! I saw so many people wearing the male Balmain Inspired Sweater, so I thought I would give it a go too in my first look, I don't love it, but I do think it's a sweater that's easy to style on the girls too - I love these silver platforms with the blue tone of the sweater, but I think the black trousers are a bit too dark - these in silver might be awesome^ Secondly the Zuhair Murad Inspired Jacket and Trousers, which I styled super simply with just a white shirt, I'd love to be brave and do a cool lace-style bralette underneath, but it's just not quite my style. What I do absolutely love is this Fendi-Inspired bag with this set, the printing on each look great together and the colours are spot on, so excited to wear this again =D And lastly the accessories, although I don't think my look is the best for showing off the Zuhair Murad Inspired Sandals Black and the Zuhair Murad Inspired Belt that I bought! The shoes are a little covered by the trousers, but they work with the overall colour scheme well. Love the belt popping out just below the volume of this bandeau top, I think the leaf design actually goes very well with the printing on the trousers too - this is a way to wear black in the summer time and I think I'll definitely be giving it a go again!
Features And finally features! First up from claudentia is this amazing styling with the Zuhair Murad Inspired Jacket - doesn't it just look like it was made to be worn with this skirt?! The matching of the two is unbelievably perfect! I absolutely love the combination and the red design on the body of the dress is a great stand out detail - as are the red accessories, this is what I need to live up to in terms of styling this Jacket!
Secondly Mia1435 wearing some menswear, the Alexander McQueen Inspired Sweater which many of you have been loving - and I love it in this styling! It's so quirky and stands out agains the use of printing and design in the striped shirt and the skirt, I love the red with the blue and yellow and these tones are continued in the shoes and socks - how cute, it's a little like geek-chic, especially with the glasses and the earring plus Gucci bag add the glamour!
And lastly more with the menswear, a perfect styling of the Balmain Inspired Sweater from sarah_1980 - this is also what I need to live up to with this sweater, it's so perfect with the fringed skirt, a fantastic match! The black works in this styling because it's much more minimal than the direction I went with, so I need to work on that, but the pop of red is fantastic =)

No comments:

Post a Comment