f

Saturday 19 May 2018

A Royal Affair

This look began life as a rumination on what I might wear to the Royal Wedding (had I been invited) and ended up on me usurping the bride entirely. 


The actual blushing bride can wear as much Givenchy as she wants, but I'm spellbound by this Valentino inspired number. Its simplicity is so fresh and appealing. It lets the beauty of the wearer shine through very naturally. 

With that in mind of gone for minimal accessories - a wrap with subtle colours, simple flowers and golden arm bands with a little pearly bag. Finally, a few hair clips nestled in a classic updo (ignore the fact I've been wearing this updo for weeks....) The clips are actually the bejewelled eyebrows I was wearing a couple of months back - who'd've thought?

My final comment on this look is a tip - I wanted my doll to look super tall seeing as this gown has quite a lot of width at the bottom. It'd be fine to just float the shoe a little further down the body to make the leg look longer, if I hadn't wanted to wear a strappy shoe. If you're ever in a similar conundrum, a pair of Stardesign tights in the same skintone as your doll are a life saver as you can make your legs look a million miles long, but still have a foot to put the shoe on - genius if I do say so myself. I'm hoping that at some point, we'll get a store similar to Underneath Stardoll that will do something like this - legs, hands, arms etc - all to help with layering up. Now that would be a right Royal wedding present!

Ingredients | You Will Need
Valentino Inspired Deep V Gown | Voile
Striped Cashmere Shawl | Inspired by Chanel Tribute
Gold Chain Bag | Pretty 'n' Love
Gold Strap Silver Pumps | MSW
Gold Arm Rings | Limited Edition
Florist Flower Twig 2 | 9to5
Florist Leaf Twig | 9to5

No comments:

Post a Comment