f

Saturday 5 November 2016

M U S E U M M I L E | Release Review

Last week brought us our latest Museum Mile collection which was themed on the recent(-ish) Stardoll's Next Top Artist contest, so it was definitely anticipated! For me, although the homepage ad shows off some of the top art, I don't feel like it sells me the store very well so I didn't get a great first impression, but lets take a look:
Highlights Stardoll really did choose a lot of winners, filling three floors with pieces originated from StarDesign, which I think is great and gives a lot of users a chance to shine! I'm not a fan of the artwork pieces or the stock tees, they're just not my style so I don't plan on focussing on them in this review.
Clothing For me the clothing was a pretty great haul in this release, with the outerwear particularly catching my eye - I think there are some fab pieces there which have been picked and designed (both by the user and by Stardoll) well =D Fur was a definite feature in the store, with 5 outerwear pieces featuring it in different colours and styles! My favourites are definitely the bylovely Sweater, emmy anna Faux Fur Jacket and ClioFlowers Faux Fur Coat, although the green/blue Claudentia Faux Fur Coat stands out really nicely in the store and I'm quite tempted to give those tones a go! The styles of these pieces are all very current and I think a lot of us are excited to get our hands on some trends for our dolls! Also in outerwear I can't not mention the femdem Jacket, it's definitely a huge favourite from the release, and what's not to love?! The off shoulder style is fab and that bright red is eye catching and will work in so many different looks - it certainly ticks a lot of boxes and I'm really excited to style mine for this post! Honestly not a whole lot more stood out to me as pieces to buy from the clothing choices in the store, I like the lemon printing on the emmy anna Bikini Top and Bottom, but it's not a piece I'd get a lot of wear out of, and there's quite a few dresses too, but they're all just very similiar, I can't see any of them that stands out and makes me go 'wow' =/
Prices This release ranges from 10 to 30SD's in the pricing category, and a lot of pieces are over the 20SD mark. There are some SC items in the release too, and nothing is limited to SS or Royalty, so that's a bonus. But overall I don't feel this store hugely worth the prices, so this definitely had an effect on what I chose to buy - if things were half the price I'd have been sure to try more.
Styled Outfits So the winter feel to the clothes definitely influenced my looks with the pieces. Firstly the femdem Jacket in a fairly basic style with a sweater and dark trousers, couldn't resist matching boots though. Simple but effective though, I can easily see myself working this in a few different styles this winter! And then the bylovely Sweater, an absolute must for me, it's white and knitted with furry sleeves, what's not for me to love?!?! Again, stayed super simple with the styling but I think it's all you need when your sweater is a statement piece, I really do love these Greige Velvet Boots in the look, the browns of them and the fur seem a good fit and I look forward to wearing the combination again.
Features It was pretty easy in finding features for this post - certain items from the release were pretty popular! So first up a couple of styles with the femdem Jacket. This one is from beee. and it's a casual winter styling, I love so much the pairing of it with the dungarees, the colours are a good contrast to each other and the boots fit in perfectly^
And then France25 choosing something still casual but on the classic side choosing black and white pieces with the jacket standing out in the style. I really quite like the untucked shirt and sweater sticking out the bottom of the jacket, it can be quite a cute style. The trainers are also a good fit =)
Next a look with the Claudentia Faux Fur Coat by Marina495. This style is perfect with those velvet trousers, they're just fab with the colour of the coat, and the floral details on the top are spot on. Accessories are pretty perfect too, everything is just quite right =)
Then a style with the bylovely Sweater from miver, going with a typically classic look for this sweater in all white. A skirt looks great with the piece, and it's something I wanna try next^ Love this pointed heel combination too, it suits the style overall, as do the framed glasses - very sweet but also stylish^
And finally pandaribbon, who has gone over the top styling four different looks with the Claudentia Faux Fur Coat, bylovely Sweater, femdem Jacket and then the DESAFlOO Sweatshirt. All of these styles are great with huge individuality in each one! I particularly like the bylovely Sweater with the leopard print and then the DESAFlOO Sweatshirt with the lace layer - huge thumbs up for all that hard work =D

No comments:

Post a Comment