f

Saturday 27 June 2015

Wear Dem Jewels Challenge #8

Finally my next challenge post, featuring the Slinky Bead Necklace from PPQ which I'm pretty sure I haven't worn since the purchase! I don't think it's sellable (it wasn't in my bazaar), however things have mysteriously appeared sellable in my bazaar after I haven't seen them when writing the post, so who knows!
This was actually a lot more challenging than I thought it would be, I think because of the chunky feel that the necklace has - it didn't seem to fit quite right with any of my dresses, and black was just about counted out because of blending in. So I ended up going with tops, and all 3 looks happen to feature trousers, so I guess it's getting me more use of them, particularly the LE culottes in the first look. That first look, you'll also notice, is black and it's all I could do without the necklace just blending in too much, it definitely does to some extent, but it's not all that bad! I just wanted to give it a go really. Then there's the seemingly obligatory all white outfit on the end there - I wanted to use the Sleeveless Scuba Top from Melbourne Minimalism however I was getting absolutely nowhere with a bottom half of the outfit, so I combined the top and found these DKNY trousers a good match.
The middle look was the more 'fun' one, and that pink Voile top was the first piece that I liked with the necklace, definitely tried to push my comfort zone with choosing other pieces, but I'm very happy with the look and that I finally am wearing the Dior Inspired Heels, and I really wanna dedicate a whole post to them soon^

Anyway, what do you think? I don't think this is one of my favourite necklaces, but I am pleased with the direction I've gone down for the stylings! Comment away =D

1 comment:

  1. I love the second and third outifit.

    I like how in the second one you styled the Voile top with these pants. The shoes and the necklace are a perfect combination.

    And I like how in the third look you used the Sleeveless Scuba Top.

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete