f

Saturday 13 June 2015

PPQ CREAM LABEL | Release Review

Yesterday we got a brand new PPQ release - which I think we've sort of known about for a little while, the PPQ Cream Label! Which is also a totally separate store from PPQ which is quite a nice idea. The homepage ad firstly, and I don't really think it necessarily sells the whole collection. I love seeing the real piece and how they are very much similar, but I think there could be better ways to expose the whole collection to a bit of homepage-glory! But onto the rest of the store now =)
So we got a whole two floors of clothing, and the store is also linked to Very.co.uk so you can go visit the brand page there and purchase the items for your actual self and not just your doll if you so wish! There's a good selection of light and airy summer clothing and also a variable selection of colours and prints to choose from, which I like for the store. After trying everything on though, I felt a little disheartened - nothing seemed quite right on my doll and the styles didn't really fit 'me'. I love jumpsuits and there are certainly plenty on offer in this release, however I don't love the selection of prints available, or the shapes even - the Black Jumpsuit looks like a great piece, and it's one in the spoilers that I was like 'I will definitely get this!' however when I tried it on, the legs just didn't quite sit right and it's a little odd at the feet. So I haven't found myself wanting to spend the 18/20SD's that it costs. A clothing item I do love is the pair of Black Shorts, however I have a couple of similar pairs, each of which I might have only ever worn once, so I don't think I need another!
The Multi Coloured Panel Coat is an interesting piece, and I'm very almost tempted to make a purchase of it, but how I would style it is beyond me right now I think.
Fearnot, I did actually make a couple of purchases from this collection - the accessories! This category does only consist of two pairs of shoes, the Pointed Mules and the Minimalist Strappy Stilettos which are priced at 11-13SD's, and yes I'll admit those stilettos are very very similar to the Bizou ones and the YH ones, but you can never have too many pairs of them and I wear mine all the time, so this one is a purchase I completely don't mind!

No styled outfits this time - I don't think anyone really wants to see me wear black heels again, haha! Also no features - I've spent my morning browsing probably around 200 suites and not a single one was wearing something other than the Stilettos - not a long post I'm afraid! EDIT: I lied, I found one right after pressing post - typical! I think this is kinda selling me the Red Floral Print Jumpsuit, it's not looking so bad with those shoes, now only to find them...

What did you guys think of this release? Comments are very much appreciated!!!

2 comments:

  1. So, I thought of this store as a confused store (irl and on stardoll) because it was like a bunch of items thrown together in one store, some black, some patterned.
    But some of the items yet are very beautiful, like the black jumpsuit, the extra long shirt and the red cocktail dress. Looking forward to create some good combos with those items

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same as you! I like to try everything on, and nothing convinced me except only the shoes similar to the ones of bizou. I havent bought them yet, but I'm sure I will haha
    - mirdith

    ReplyDelete