f

Saturday 17 August 2024

I N S P I R E D B Y J A C Q U E M U S | Tribute Review

Next Tribute up, the fourth the season, and it's another new one, finally Jacquemus has been brought to the Plaza! This is super exciting and I'm sure something that many people are happy about - it's such a popular well-loved brand, and we've had a few Inspired pieces before, but a whole store is next level^ From the advertising I'm excited about it, it looks fun and colourful with some nice designs, let's get into the store and see the whole collection:
As with the other releases, there are 3 floors and in this one a total of 21 looks with a few male choices and several pieces available for both male and female dolls. I have to say, at first I was a bit disappointed because it wasn't really looking how I was envisaging a Jacquemus collection, but with hindsight I am happy with this collection, it's a really good addition to the Tribute season. First up the accessories. There are 6 pairs of shoes on offer and the really do have a good range of styles and designs. The Zebra Mules are such a fun pair, love the print and little pink on the sole combined, I really love a mule style of shoes and we haven't seen much of this in the Plaza lately. The pairs that really caught my attention are the Creamy Strappy Heels, a fabulous neutral Summer heeled sandal, and the Denim Sling Backs which have such a cute low chunky heel and I also really enjoy a slingback style for Summer. The release has so many bags, a total of 10 to choose from! The Le Bambinou Purse comes in 3 colours which are Cherry, Black and Green which I think are really nice options to have to choose between with both classic and bold colours, I'm definitely torn between the Cherry and the Green! The design is a classic one, so it will be a popular piece I'm sure. Speaking of green, I love the Chartreuse Bag, it has a great green colour but also a super classic design with great structure. Another classic style is the Briefcase, it's simple in black but I love the smaller size than a typical briefcase would be, I think this makes it really versatile and is a solid black-bag option for a collection. The last piece to mention is the Woven Bag, I love this for the neutral colour but also the thick weave design. It looks like such a versatile piece and I think is a great Spring/Summer option, I'm really excited to style this one. There are some other accessories pieces as well, and the Giant Straw Hat stands out for sure, it's such a recognisable Jacquemus piece! While it's not so much for me, I can see it being popular. And there are jewellery pieces as well. I was definitely drawn in by the Long Flower Earring, love the floral feminine vibes this has and also been loving seeing it styled so far, it looks great. For something a little less long, the Circle Square Earrings are a nice option, the mismatching is cute and I think these look super subtle but classy. The last piece to mention in this category is the Jacquemus Purse Necklace, I love a more subtle design for necklaces so they work in a lot of outfits and this really ticks all the boxes for me, I love this piece so much =)
Now onto the clothing which I'll go through by floor. The first floor is a mix of neutrals with bolds. With those bright colours you can choose the Green Suede Top and Shorts set, I love this colour and the suede texture really looks great, I just don't love the fit of them on my doll, but I'm a little tempted by the top to give it a go. If you prefer red, then there's plenty of choices for you. The Red Off-the-shoulder Sweater is a great mix of styles, I really like the slouched design of this piece. Or there is the very cute Red Puffy Sleeve Top which I just think is adorable, it's allll about those sleeves! I'm just a little on the fence about this as I'm not sure how versatile it might be. The Enbroidered Flower Shirt is a great piece if you prefer your colours more muted, this has a fantastic fit on the doll and a great design. Love the print on this short sleeved option, which isn't something we have a lot of in the Plaza. Of course, I'm a big fan of the neutrals on this floor. The Leather Moto Jacket really stood out to me immediately, gotta love a new leather jacket, and I feel like it's been a while since we've had something like this, they definitely used to be super popular in releases. I love the muted tone to the colour with this one along with the oversized fit. The White Tie Top is classic Jacquemus to me, super minimal but stylish and I've seen several dolls already wearing it. The Highwasited Slacks also stand out to me, I'm a little on the fence about them as the oversized look isn't suiting my doll quite how I like, but they look great - only thing is the belt is attached to them which may be a deciding factor on these. The second floor is all about the neutrals and beige tones, this I really love! I'm just going to go through this one left to right. The Rattan Top looks fab, very French riviera, I can already think of a few cute looks for this one. As soon as I saw the Cream Long Coat I knew that I had to have it, love the shape and fit of this and the colour is beautiful. The wide neckline is fabulous and the slight oversizing is just perfect. Next to it is another coat I had to get immediately, the Cheetah Coat which is such a cute little cropped piece with a boxy fit. It's been a bit of a drought in the Plaza for animal print and I'm liking this comeback! This coat fits really nicely and I love it on my doll. Another jacket, the Cream Crop Top is a big winner in my books, love this piece a lot! It's a cropped piece, fitted in the body then oversized in the sleeves, and in a neutral colour with a white trim, I think the combination is just perfect^ The last piece to mention on this floor is the Fringe Top, super cute and super Jacquemus, a perfect fit for those fringed bags we already have! It's a simple piece, but the neutral colour gives a versatility. The final floor is a little more bright with the neutrals, it's more about the whites. For me, this is the floor I like the least, I feel like there's a lot going on with different volumes and patterns and it's a bit much. The Polkadot Mini Dress is quite cute, but not really the sort of thing I would wear very much. The Silver Skirt with it's mix of purple and metallic is quite an interesting piece, I'm a little tempted but really have no firm ideas on how to style it yet.

F E A T U R E S
First up is Brevis who wears the Leather Moto Jacket, Highwasited Slack and Briefcase in this very Scandi-chic look, I really love the relaxed vibes this jacket adds to any styling! The contrasting colours work really nicely, the muted tone to the jacket is great against the trousers, I'm all for these combinations^ Love the layering of the shirt and sweater plus the chunky belt, it's great against the black sandals.
Next up in a lighter look is fraternite who wears the White Tie Top and the Long Flower Earring(s) another super fun one that gives me different Scandi vibes too. I love the layering with the top, the sheer piece beneath looks seamless, and the trousers add nice subtle detailing with the waist design. Love the little purple touches in the look, the accessories really pop nicely in this one =) 
And the final feature comes from BeatriceFashion who styles the Woven Bag - honestly this look just is so Jacquemus that I thought a few items must have been from the store, but no, it's great! These nude toned clothes are perfect against the bag, the shade is just a little lighter so the bag pops really nicely. Love the hat accessorising in this one, really the perfect accessory pair for both the bag and for Jacquemus^

S T Y L I N G S
Now for my looks. First up, the Enbroidered Flower Shirt, Woven Bag and Cream Strappy Heels which are all pieces I really like individually but think they look fab together. The shirt was an absolute must to pair with these trousers, the reds are perfect together and I think the lighter colours in the shirt really make the trousers seem lighter for a Summer styling. I kept the rest of the look light with the lighter accessories, and I think the woven style has such natural Summer vibes anyway, it's perfect here. For the second look I've styled the Cream Crop Top, which I've not seen anyone else wear yet. I really liked the white trim so wanted to use that in the look and I'm really happy with the final styling, which took a while to get to as I tried out a lot of accessories options with this one. Really love these trousers with the piece, but finding the perfect bag was tough, nothing was quite the right colour to match the yellow, this one is an ok choice but I think the perfect option is still out there! And the final look uses both the Jacquemus Purse Necklace and Cheetah Coat - now I did think about going all out with the cheetah, but I toned it down a little although these trousers are a subtle animal print. I love these boots with the look, they're a perfect colour match with the base of the jacket and balance out the black well. And again, wanted to find an animal print bag but nothing was right, I'm actually quite loving this choice mixing the black and beige together =)

No comments:

Post a Comment