f

Friday 21 April 2023

A N T I D O T E | Styled By You / / Styled By Me

Wow it's been a minute! Work has had me swamped the past few months, but finally getting a little time to put together this post.
The start of March brought us a brand new Antidote release and I think it's been a while since our last one. This one again isn't so much my style, there are lots of bright colours and flamboyant designs and we all know I'm a more muted gal - but still amongst it all I still picked out a couple of pieces to try out and I'm looking forward to seeing how I can fit them into my style later in this post. But first, you guys sure loved this release and there were so many great stylings to include:
First up is Bianca.Vos who wears the Black Skirt, Black Shades and Chains Bag in this stunning and sleek combination. The skirt is such a stylish piece, and it's an amazing fit with the top combination - at first I thought it was one piece and designed to be paired with the skirt, so I was surprised to see it's two separate pieces that work great with the skirt. The other accessories are classic fitting pieces, the mix of black and silver is just right and the bag and earring combination pops nicely =)
Next up we have Mery.- wearing the Green Transparent Shiny Dress - I was quite curious to see who would choose this piece and what they would do with it, and I was just blown away by this outfit, it really makes the piece seem easily wearable! The green trousers layered underneath are a great colour for the dress and the glitter really pops out against the colour. I love the black and the chunky jewellery additions to the outfit too, especially this necklace, I think it's so perfect here!
Our third feature is from AngelinaVer who styles both the Golden Chest Top and Black Shades in this very street-style outfit for such a bold bodypiece^ I couldn't really see a way to wear these shield-like tops, but this layering is perfect and I think there is a nice balance between the top and the soft loose fabrics of the coat and trousers, a very nice combination overall. The gold shines but also fits in well with the brown of the coat. The accessories are simple yet effective for the look =D
And next is Brevis who has worn the other shield-like top, the Silver Chest Top in a fabulous casual outfit - the piece works surprisingly well with jeans and a (tiny) tee =) The white and denim both look great with the silver, I think the balance of tones across the outfit is just right. I love the accessories, these sunglasses and the earrings are fabulous and I think are perfect fits for the rest of the look^
And the final feature is from millaxx who styles the Puffer Pants in such a cute way. Again this was a piece that I couldn't really imagine being styled but this outfit is amazing for them, it's so fun! The resizing to make them cropped in length works very nicely for them and also balances well with the cropped jacket. I adore all the purple accessories added as well, all perfect final touches to the styling =D 
And now for my own stylings! I bought a surprisingly large number of pieces from the collection. First up is the OffShoulders Coat which has such a classic beautiful styling. It's simple in colour but sleek in design so I think will work in many different outfit styles. I went for glamour for my first outfit with it, I really like the colour combination with the silver so added that throughout the pieces. I also tried this out with some purple and the coat also looked great so I'm looking forward to using that combination next^ Second is the Oversized Brown Coat which reminds me of a few other brown overcoats that have been released over the years and that I have worn several times before, so I was confident this piece would work for me. I love this colour on my doll, I think it works well and I stuck with a very simple colour palate for the rest of the look with beige clothing. I really enjoyed accessorising this look, these earrings and the bag are fantastic with this coat and I'll wear them again with it for sure. And the third piece here is the Crystal Skirt, which I bought on a bit of a whim! It was a little trickier to style that I imagined, but it was still fun to work with and I think I'll definitely wear it again. I made use of the silver in the piece to add in the top and earrings - just lacking the perfect bag for it. I've not seen anyone else use this piece, but I'd love to see some other ideas with it for inspiration =)
Then we have the accessories: first up are the Cinderella Crystal Heels which are such a cute piece, and I thought quite festive actually, so perhaps these will be well-suited for the festive party season later in the year. I stayed very classic in my red choices to add to the shoes, this top just goes well with everything! The shoes do have a bit of black in them so I liked this bag for the look, and added more black for something more classic. Simple but sweet^ Next is the Yellow Bag which feels like it was added to this release just for me - you know I can't resist a citrus-coloured bag! This definitely feels like a Summer accessory which is why the outfit is definitely ready for the Summer season, the bag is pretty versatile and will work with a lot of pieces, the little touches of yellow in this top and in the rest of the accessories are just right to highlight the bag against the white trousers. And lastly is the Chains Bag which I think just looks like a great piece! Black and silver is certainly versatile so there were so many options when styling it, I just really liked it with this silver leopard print top and I think the matching shoes are a fun pairing and also work well with the bag. For sure this outfit is nothing special, but I think this bag has a lot to offer as a versatile accessory and I'm sure it will get plenty of wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment