f

Sunday 8 September 2019

N E L L Y | Release Review

A brand new floor of Nelly came to the Plaza recently, which I am excited about because the last one fell a little flat. This one looks super fun, I'm already loving the mint polka dot and the strap of the bag in the advertising, so I'm hoping for good things^
Highlights This is the usual one floor release for Nelly, and there's a lot packed in with 10 outfits on offer in quite a mix of styles. I don't think the whole floor is great, there's a few questionable items in there, but there are a few pieces mixed in which make this release review-worthy^
Accessories There are plenty of accessories to choose from, which is great. I found the shoes a little underwhelming this time, I don't like the styles on offer for my doll, and I haven't really been seeing anyone styling these either. The bags on the other hand, are pretty awesome, particularly the Snapshot Bag Black and the Snapshot Bag Green which are very much identical to a Marc Jacobs style and they're pretty cute. I like the small size, the crossbody design and the cool straps. I also like the colours, either minimal and classic with Black or choose something a little different with the Green! Then there is also the Jadore Clear Chain bag which is pretty cute with the popular plastic element to it. I'm a little undecided about the CPH Waist Bag, I think the neutral colour is great, but I don't wear a lot of belt bags so I'm not sure it's right for me - I like the overall design of the bag itself though^ The jewellery in this collection is very nice too, I like both the Chain Coin Necklace and the Shell Earrings. Both are gold pieces, and while in current trend designs, are pieces which should be quite lasting in style.
Clothing The clothing is of pretty mixed style, and I'm not a fan of the streetwear styles, however the pieces on the left side are very cute, if not a little more suited to Spring! The green tones are super beautiful, I love the light shade, it's something we've not had a lot of. The Dotted Top is a super smart design, I love the fit and tailoring on the body, along with the V neckline and the slight blouson style to the sleeves - it's so pretty! Also in green is the Mesh Midi Dress which is super cute in gingham. I love a midi style and this fitted piece really looks great. The ruching on the skirting is fun too and definitely adds flair to the piece. Then there are a pair of cute Rompers, in Green and Blue - these are in a popular feminine style with a frilled hem, a bow at the V neckline and a delicate print. Again these are very much Spring/Summer pieces, so will be great for styling next year. The rest of the pieces really don't do much for me, but I think the collection is otherwise strong, especially with the designer-inspired bags. 
Prices This collection ranges from 9 to 25SD's, with only one piece at the top of the range. There are a couple of SC items in the mix too. Nothing is SS or Royalty only limited.
Styled Outfits And for my stylings, which have managed to go all green and pale unintentionally! First up the pairing of the Dotted Top and the Snapshot Bag Black which make a cute contrast - the white dots on both make for plenty of white choices, I stayed a little smart with this skirt, I really like it with the blouse, a total favourite combination^ The shoes aren't a perfect choice, but it was a struggle to find something just right. I think this will be a great shirt for next Spring for sure! Secondly the Mesh Midi Dress, which I've styled up as a skirt, this works really well with a shirt, and I love this combination^ I've accessorising minimally, but there are so many options really - I just couldn't find a bag at all, so I'm on the hunt for the perfect one for this styling! And lastly the Snapshot Bag Green which is a perfect match for the colour of this dress, it's one of my favourites that doesn't get enough love, but now I have the perfect bag to match, it will get more attention^ Shoes were also a bit of a struggle, I don't think I looked for long enough, but chose white to work with the strap on the bag - I think this bag has so much potential, but I've not seen anyone give it a try yet!
Features And now for a couple of features, this one hasn't seemed so popular, but I think some of the pieces will definitely be lasting^ First up anaritamiranda styling the Black Leather Cap and Snapshot Bag Black in such a classic styling, it's totally my thing! The black and white is very effective, the solid blocks of colour make the polka dots really stand out, and the gold detailing on the bag is perfect with these earrings, I love this look =D
And then Andre1396 makes such cool use of the Flower Dot Dress with all of this layering. The dress really stands out well in the look, those pink flowers are adorable in the mix with the dark lace maxi skirting and the casual sweater on the top, it's such a fun mix! The glasses and earring are a super glam contrast thrown in^ 

No comments:

Post a Comment