f

Saturday 24 February 2018

H O T B U Y S R E V I S I T E D | February 2017

The February 2017 Hotbuys were all about Valentine's Day, which I think I've covered quite a lot on the blog this year! I quite like these Hotbuys as a set, I think I've worn some of the pieces a fair amount and I don't think anything just flat out doesn't work for me. So overall these were reasonably successful^ I've used the Pink Patent Heels and Palazzo Pants quite a few times over the last year, and styled up both the Love Clutch and Be My Valentine Tote in the Bag It Up Challenge as well - so today I've styled up the Asymetrical Zip Skirt and Girl Power Sweatshirt!
I really liked both of these pieces when they came out originally, but unfortunately they are ones which have slipped through the pages of my wardrobe and have gotten a little forgotten about. And these two looks really come as a pair, both themes on reds, pinks and whites sticking with the Valentine's theme. For the skirt, I had to use tights, my brain just can't deal well with mini-lengths while it's still winter, but I like these white ones as the brightness is very eye catching. The red polo is a good fit for the skirt, and the pink fur really brought some more lightness to the look and added an oversized shape to the styling. For the sweatshirt I toyed with quite a few pairs of trousers in a range of shades before settling for these, I like that the darkness is quite contrasted to everything else, and I'm glad I gave this puffa jacket a go with the styling, while I don't think it's the best, I like having tried it out, and the combination isn't all that bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment