f

Sunday 7 May 2017

H O T B U Y S S T R I P E D D E N I M D R E S S

So the Hotbuys Striped Denim Dress came out in the Hotbuys a couple of years ago, which was when I bought mine, but recently it got a little re-release in Callie's Picks! I decided it was time for a little styling to try and sell you guys on this dress!
I definitely agree that it's not the easiest to style and it's not as versatile as other dresses are, but it has some great featured about it like the open neckline, the golden buttons and a really nice overall shape and skirt length. The first two looks are a little more autumnal than I was intending, but this brown leather jacket is a great fit with the brown belt of the dress, and the length of it is really nice with the shape of the skirt. I really like this little brown bag with the pair too, but I was at a bit of a loss over shoes. Ideally some brown ankle boots would have been quite nice but I had nothing that worked in terms of a good colour match, so I went casual with trainers - they're fine, but not what I had in mind! Then the second look I've tried to style it more as a skirt choosing a cropped top to pair with it and letting the belt give then impression of a belted skirt. This big cardi is great for styles like this to hide the excess of the top of the dress, but I think the colour is great with the denim. And lastly trying to dress up the dress a bit, and I was quite glad to find that this belt could cover the brown one well as it opens the dress up to more accessory choices - like this little shoulder bag and these black boots! The belt also helps the gold buttons stand out on the dress too which I really like =)