f

Wednesday 1 March 2023

Blue Steel

I was very inspired by Kirsten's Prada Tribute round up this month - on reflection I think it was my favourite release of the season. I particularly loved mery.-'s dress-trouser moment and thought I'd do a version myself. 
 

Hopefully I've managed to achieve something fashion and not a sad recreation of Katie Holmes' red carpet moment a while back. As a 90s child, I like to think I've seen a lot of distasteful fashion, but that gave me a full body cringe. 
 
What I've gone for instead, as per usual, is texture. You couldn't get further from the silky-smoothness of the dress by using these tassel trousers. I've been saving them for the right look and this was definitely it. The colours are a great match and suit my new cool-toned wig too, courtesy of saddream. 
 
I've accessorised extremely lightly for me this time - keeping to steely tones in the bag and subtle earrings. I wanted the focal point to be this giant safety pin holding up the sculptural creases of the dress. It's a bit more casual somehow - a vibe I've tried to support with some chunky trainers rather than heels. 
I think this might be one of my favourite looks in a while - I'm reluctant to take it off!
 
Featuring:
 Grey Mini Dress • Inspired by Prada Tribute
Tassel Pants • Royalty
Queen Earrings • Antidote
Safety Pin • Evil Panda
Studded Purse • Buy & Get
Chunky Sneakers • Bonjour Bizou

No comments:

Post a Comment