f

Sunday 6 June 2021

N E L L Y | Styled Outfits

We recently got a couple of new floors of NELLY in the Plaza, it feels like it's been soooo long since an update in this store and usually I've found some great pieces in this one, so they had me excited^ These pieces are styles for the Summer months and many come with the trends we've been seeing all over the place in RL, and overall everything feels very Nelly to me! But most of the styles aren't so much to my own style, I don't like a lot of the trends going around currently, so for me most of the clothing pieces were a 'pass' - I do like some of the styles, but then the colour of sit of the fabric wasn't something I liked on my doll, but nevermind, we can't love everything and I think my SD balance is grateful for that! I did pick out a few pieces though and for me they really shine through in the store =D
First up is the Puff Sleeve Top (180SC's) which really stood out in the store for it's gorgeous purple colour, it's so cute! The design is of course also cute, and a very popular one at the moment so I'm quite happy to have something like this in my wardrobe. The colour was a little more difficult to work with than I'd anticipated, but you can never go wrong with white, especially in the Summer, and I think this smart skirt works really well with the piece. Trousers will also look good with this top, but I think skirts give perfect Summer feels. Of course I had to choose some purple shoes, these feathered heels are a great colour-match for the top and add some glamour to the look. The purple sunglasses have made a visit too, I can't resist them at all^ And I love these cute floral white earrings, they really pop in the look I think! Next up is the Straw Tote Bag (15SD's) which I loved as soon as I saw it in the store, what a perfect Summer accessory =D I think this is quite a 'classic me' outfit, these trousers are great with the bag, the colour just fits perfectly with the patch and straps on the bag so I had to wear them (note: I did try other looks, I just loved this one the best!), and this ruffled top is a beautiful Summer piece to style, I got a lot of wear from it last year and I know this year will be the same. Simple but effective with the rest of the accessories to really let the bag have the spotlight^ And finally is the Throw On White Jacket (21SD's), I love jackets in this style as I find them really easy to wear and this light white-beige is a perfect addition to my collection as it's a lot softer than some of the bright white pieces I already have. It has an oversized fit which I think I would size down when I style it next time for a slightly more neater look, but overall I think it's a great piece and worth the price tag. I opted for a bright look with these orang trousers and matching shoes the colour pops and really brings your attention to the styling, including the jacket. The simple top works well with the rest of the combination, and the little orange accessories are a great finishing touch, I especially love how these hoop earrings look in the styling =)

1 comment:

  1. I don't usually buy items outside of the basics store, but this new collection is soo cute!
    -snow.2021

    ReplyDelete