f

Monday 3 October 2016

R U N W A Y | Release Review

Even though the fashion week events aren't quite done, we got a brand new release of Runway last week! It was definitely a late one that I think most of us weren't expecting, but in a way that's sometimes a good thing getting a surprise! I'm not such a huge fan of the homepage advert, I don't think it sells the collection well, however the same isn't said for the rest of the store:
Highlights So this release had two floors of items in a good range of styles and designs, and also a wide choice of designers to choose from. Plus there's also a male look too, although the pieces don't seem all too special for the store - however this is primarily fashion week for women's clothing so I understand this.
Accessories The release was pretty minimal on the accessories front. There are three pairs of shoes to choose from, the Acne Studios Inspired Sneakers, Malene Birger Inspired Faux Fur Heels and Embellished Suede Mules. I love the range in styles on offer and different colours too providing variety for your outfits. I loved both pairs of heels and have so far enjoyed including them in looks, they're pretty different to other pieces we've had in the plaza before and I'm glad to add them to my shoe collection^ There are two bags in the store, with my absolute winner being the Byredo Inspired Handbag, it has a fabulous trendy colour and an awesome modern shape, I think it will stand out well in looks and I'm excited to get to this piece in my challenge posts^ There are only a few other accessory items included, the Lace Frill Socks and Ida Sjostedt Inspired Headband, and I think I definitely missed some jewellery with this collection!
Clothing The main component of this release was the clothing on offer in a huge range of styles and designers for us to browse giving a good chance that everyone will find something they like! Starting up with coordinating pieces, of which the 4 primary sets mostly found on the first floor - the Acne Studios Inspired Top and Skirt, Pink Faux Suede Jacket and Culottes, the Stylein Inspired Vegan Dress and Culottes, and the Malene Birger Inspired Jacket and Pants. I love the colours and tones these pieces have, perfect for autumn I think! The shapes and designs are also cool, with each set being individual and standing out in their own way with different style features. They also cover a good range with their colours and styles as well - although I found myself loving parts of them all! Otherwise in the store, outerwear pieces feature heavily and there is a huge focus on them I think. Clearly the Saks Potts Inspired Coat is a pretty standout item from the store with the popular oversize shapeless shape but also with the addition of the cool little furry tags, I quite like them, but for the price you'd really have to be sure about it! For outerwear a little more minimal, although still very coloured, you could also go for the Ida Sjostedt Inspired Coat or Malene Birger Faux Fur Inspired Poncho. They cover opposite ends of the colour spectrum being blue or pink, but I quite like the styles of these pieces, particularly the collar-less style of the Ida Sjostedt piece^ Lastly there are a couple of individual items, for me the only piece to really catch my eye is the Ganni Inspired Loose Knit, which I really think will be a popular piece with the rolled collar and large sleeves, the almost hidden pattern stands out well too, and I think the colour will go down well in the upcoming seasons =D
Prices This store ranged from 30 to 95SD's. I think this is really reasonable for the items and for the store itself, although I did find myself spending more as I found items well priced! Another bonus is that the store is available for all, so nothing is limited to SS/Royalty members only, which is awesome!
Styled Outfits I had a lot of fun styling my purchases from this store - a lot of the pieces were quite different for me but I really quite wanted to give them a go, and I don't regret buying anything! First up the tops and jackets and I really tried out a range here. With the red Ganni Inspired Loose Knit I knew these trousers would be a cute fit immediately, and I'm so happy with this combination, it really doesn't need much else with the print! I kept with a red shoe and went minimal with just a black bag, what could be a classical autumn style I think with this look =D In the middle I styled the Malene Birger Inspired Jacket, which is very much more a spring summer piece but I attempted to bring it into an end-of-summer style choosing this navy skirt, I think the length and shape work well with the jacket, next time I'd maybe think about filling the space at the neck with something, either a poloneck or some jewellery. Finally in the tops/outerwear, the Pink Faux Suede Jacket in one of my favourite stylings^ I chose a different pair of white trousers and I really like the shape paired with the jacket. I went pink on my shoes and the belt, and although they are simple additions, I think the jacket does a lot for itself in this look.
And then the bottomhalves! On the left is the Acne Studios Inspired Skirt and this is in what I call a 'classic me' look^ I've gone with a white shirt and blazer and made it into a casual look with the trainers but added a tad of glamour with the bag. I really like the contrast between navy and the green panelling on the bag. In the middle are the Pink Faux Suede Culottes and I really had to go all out with the pink and add some faux fur to the suede! I love the over the top feel to this which is very unlike me^ The white breaks it up a little, but I think next time I want to experiment with darker colours with this piece. Where I did go with darker colours was in my last look, featuring the Stylein Inspired Vegan Culottes and also the Malene Birger Inspired Faux Fur Heels. I really quite like this one, I think the colour of the culottes matches both the paler heels and the darker top well, and this beige overcoat paired well with all the colours included, I even took a step out with the bag, going with this purple-toned piece from Marc Jacobs - I really quite like this unusual direction for my doll!
Features And last up in this review, a whole range of features - it's great seeing lots of different dolls wearing a lot of the different pieces! I'm starting off with some pinks, this styling including the Pink Faux Suede Jacket by 3melekbir-arada. Alike my look, this one also uses white additions, but I love the modern feel of the shaped skirt with the open jacket style. Accessories are super cute, the belt bag and keychain look great and fit the jacket colour well =D
Also in pink, this time the Malene Birger Faux Fur Inspired Poncho, and also just peaking out, the Ida Sjostedt Inspired Body from _amburella_. I love this feminine and Barbie-esque style, and the accessories fit the look perfectly, particularly the pastel platforms^ 
Next up is bloom_xx_layla wearing the Acne Studios Inspired Skirt similarly to my look with trainers^ I love this cape shirt choice, I think the style suits that of the skirt very well and really highlights the skirt design well. The belt works well too, the contrast between the black and navy and white helps my eyes get attracted to the look!
Something perfect for the winter weather is this look from GMonster featuring the Saks Potts Inspired Coat. The brown boots are super complimentary to the furry additional details on the coat itself, and adding just minimal pieces works in the coats benefit - too many other things would definitely detract from the look!
A last darker look, this time from natusia_182 styling the Embellished Suede Mules in this cool black and grey and modern styling. It's something pretty different, but I like it and I think it works^ The loose cropped trousers add a boyish touch, but the dress and the frilled sleeves say the opposite with being feminine, it's a great contrast that the shoe style plays along with =)
Finally a couple of lighter looks to enjoy^ First up is nicki_-_-minaj with the Malene Birger Inspired Jacket. I love love love this combination with the snake-printed cross body bag, it's a perfect fit and I'm wishing I'd worn it now! The rest of the look is simple but effective with white, and the hair and beauty choices work well too!
And last but not least, rob__in going for the Ida Sjostedt Inspired Lace Skirt. It suits this minimal style perfectly adding a little feminine flair to the dressed up smart shirt. I love the accessorising of this one too, the shoes and earrings work well together and with the skirt. Although the look is minimal on colour use, I really think the skirt stands out well =)

No comments:

Post a Comment