f

Thursday 14 July 2016

I N S P I R E D B Y J I M M Y C H O O | Tribute Review

This is one we've been waiting for for a little while - the Inspired By Jimmy Choo Tribute! I really like the homepage advert - the colours are complimentary and different to what we usually see so it really holds my attention. It gives a good idea of the range available in the store, so I think they can have a thumbs up from me!
As expected this is the store of the shoe! There are three floors filled with a whole host of heels for us to choose from. I really like the presentation of this store with the reflective marble floor and golden details along with the golden shoe stands - I think it works well for this collection. Having said that, I have gotten the impression that people really don't like this store as much as others, which is disappointing because I can't see what's particularly wrong with it, I'm a fan =D
With a whole store of just shoes it's hard to know where to begin, but I think I'll start with some of the more negative points I came across - don't worry, I found plenty of positives too^ I really felt like all of the platform styles shoes were very chunky and were just too heavy looking on my doll. I like the styles but they don't work for me - this is the Metallic Diamond Platform, Studded Jimmy Platforms, Multi Colour Beach Platforms and Daphne Choo Inspired Platforms - all great pieces, but just not so wearable for me =/ One pair I simply loved in the spoilers were the Faux Snake Green Heels, I love the overall design and colour so much, but they just don't suit my doll very well, which I'm super sad about - maybe if I see a good styling I'll get them and do some work with them, but right now I'm a little on the fence about making that purchase. Some of the pieces are also a little more crazy, whether with colour, like the Multi Coloured Metallic Heels or Summer Choo Inspired Platforms, or with the design, i.e the Jimmy Pom Pom Pumps - for someone who goes for everyday pieces and versatility, I can't see these fitting in for me - I'd love to see you guys try with them though, because if they can look good I'm all for eating my words and trying them out =D
Now what I do love is all that focus on pointed heels! I love pointed toes on shoes, and I always love a new pair in the Plaza so this little downpour of them is great! Of the shoes I like, I can clearly split them into two categories, the darker metallic styles with the Faux Croc Metallic Heels and Leather Metallic Pumps (you truly can't go wrong with a silver toe-cap, this is amazing!), then the brighter colourful pairs in the Flower Jimmy Pumps, Jimmy Choo Inspired Clown Pumps and Rainbow Pumps (I love the colour tones on this pair, I want more like that^). In terms of shoe design, they're all very similar and are pretty identical in shape but this doesn't really bother me at all. I think these are all very wearable pairs - so I'd recommend all of them!
There are also some more sandal-styled heels, and I really am quite fond of them - I think I need some styling inspiration before I get the push to purchase everything that I like, because they'll turn into all those bags I never wear! So in this category I'm meaning the Mindy Metallic Heels (these are super dreamy, tassels and ties and metal ... drool!), Jimmy Choo Inspired Fashion Heel, Criss Cross High Heels and Buckled Bubblegum Heels. These are all summery styles with lighter colours and newer styles for shoes in the Plaza, which I think makes them really stand out in this release.
Prices of the pieces range from 26 to 38SD's - this is more expensive than the typical accessories that come with a Tribute release, so yeah maybe they are a little expensive, but I think if you think about your purchases, which pieces you love, and what maybe your current shoe collection is missing, you can make smart purchases and it doesn't have to be expensive overall!

It actually took me a while to decide what to buy immediately, what to think about for a while and what not to purchase at all, which is a little unusual for me - I think with my bag challenge I'm becoming more aware of what I will and wont eventually wear. So I don't have any styled outfits for you right now - but if you'd like them in a few weeks time, be sure to let me know and I can prepare something =D

I just have a couple of features today as it was a real struggle finding people who were wearing the collection sadly! However I think these two are real gems and I adore the looks =) Firstly LADIDEDE, who has gone with the Faux Croc Metallic Heels. This look is so high fashion without the heels, so they only add to the effect. Thee blue tones match the top very well and the white skirt combination really is eye-catching, you can't look away once you see this one!
And then secondly Mia1435, who always does well with new releases - this is just someone who knows what to do well in a short period of time, where can I get this skill?!? Anyway, she has styled the Leather Metallic Pumps and she's really focused on the silver toe-cap with her look and included a lot more silver elements. Also adore that bright pink lip, the shade is perfection =D
And a sneaky second one from Mia1435, but I couldn't resist because this styling of the Mindy Metallic Heels is just sort of awesome! I love getting the same coppery tone in their with the shrug and the sunglasses along with keeping it a little darker with this dress - this look has totally sold me these shoes in a oner =D

No comments:

Post a Comment