f

Tuesday 30 December 2014

D I Y | Release Review

So this has been out for a while now, but I wanted to try it out and use some pieces before I wrote a review for it! We've had DIY release before, but nothing quite like this - I think it's great, and Stardoll is really starting to acknowledge interior design much more as a part of Stardoll, plus it helps incapable people like me really do something a little more with their suites^
The first floor consists of floors and wall coverings, while the second has a variety of windows and views - for a first release I think this is a good variety and really covers several bases for us. 
Prices are great with this store, from 4 to 13 SD - giving a pretty inexpensive way to make your suite unique with a new floor, window or wall covering! Just one set of window views is SS only, so it doesn't really take away from the collection as a whole, noone is really missing out much! 
For me this store is like a God-send, I go on about being bad at interior design all the time, so this really provides good bases for rooms for me to start with, which is exactly what I needed! (I just need the ability to do the rest now, haha =P)
...cleopatra... has gone for a basic look room, using wood flooring and a concrete wall - it's an effective look which I think is pretty popular now around Stardoll (I have in in two rooms *guilty* haha!), but it's also been further decorated well here, and the simple window addition looks fab!
Pink-Ashley007 has also gone for a basic look, but has included one of the new windows and a Paris scenery in the room, which really adds a light and airy feel to the room. And with the many different 'view' possibilities, it's easy to make a room like this your own. Plus I love the table layout, very chic!
Miver (along with a bunch of others) has really taken the view on - going for a full balcony with a pretty Eiffel Tower scene, which I really love! A simple foreground really makes this effective, and although simple, it works wonders for a suite =)
And finally a room from Marbum - choosing to edit one of the given interiors with some oh-so-stylish additions. I used the concrete in this interior too, and it works a charm along with giving a great base to start your room around! So much thought has clearly gone into this room, and I think it's a great inspiration to me!

What do you guys think of this new DIY store? Can't wait for more like me?!?! x

No comments:

Post a Comment