f

Wednesday 4 September 2019

B I Z O U | Release Review

I was super excited to get this new release of Bizou in the Plaza because just look at these colours on the advertisement, they are just screaming for Autumn^ The hues are fantastic, and I'm really loving the small glimpse we're getting of the pieces on the models =)
Highlights This is a release to really get us in the mood for Autumn, it ticks all the boxes with great neutral and brown hues throughout with some super fun designs and patterns included - I'm really pleased with this release!
Accessories There is a very small number of accessories, split between shoes and bags. I'd say it's fairly successful, the styles are definitely trendy ones, but I'm not sure they will be for everyone. I love the Brown Suede Boots, these are a pretty basic piece, but a very versatile one for Autumnal stylings, they fit well, have a great colour, and an excellent SC price tag^ I also very much like the Rattan Bag, it's a little more of a Summery piece, but it's a popular style which has the ability to last.
Clothing I really went a little crazy with the clothes, there are many great pieces to buy! I'll start off with the negatives, I don't like the velvet pieces in this release, I don't think they're very fitting to the store or this specific release, and for me the actual graphic of them isn't great. And I'm not such a fan of all of the denim, but otherwise, there's enough to make me really enjoy this release! Skirts and dresses are all about the longer length and kind of in a more muted palate. I love the look of the Tulle Slip Dress, it's a little different to the rest of the collection, but the floral print really stands out. While I don't like so much the denim bottoms, I do adore the other trousers, the Biege Trousers are amazing! A super smart piece with a really nice fit on the doll and in a popular wide leg style, I'm all about the minimal design and neutral colours - I think these will be very versatile^ Onto the tophalves next, the shirts have a really nice delicate vibe to them in the details and prints, which I really like. The Lace Shirt is so pretty, it's feminine and dainty and the details are adorable when you zoom in for a closer look. I wasn't sure on this piece initially, but I've really fallen for it now, it will also be perfect in Spring stylings. Then there is also the Cherry Blouse which has the sweetest and tiniest cherry printing on it, so cute^ There's also a great ruffle detail on the front and on the cuffs, it's just great! And finally for what I think are the best pieces of the collection, the outerwear! I'm mainly talking about the Navy Blazer and the Courdory Blazer - these are the perfect jackets for the season, and I'm so excited for them! They both have great fits on the doll, they're a tiny bit oversized, but not too much, and have an overall great look on the doll. The colours are perfect and provide a little variability, I'm completely over the moon at navy outerwear to be honest! I like the slight differences in style, with the sleeve tucked in the pocket on the Courdory and the hand detail on the Navy - I can see that many people will get a lot of use from these pieces =D
Prices This release ranges from 9 to 23SD's, however there are a couple of SC items included which is fab, and nothing is SS or Royalty-only limited.
Styled Outfits Now for my stylings with the release, I found these pieces super easy to get into looks, I am definitely ready for Autumn! First up the Biege Trousers styled classically for me in all beige! This coat is a great pairing for them if a colour match is what you're looking for, it makes such a smart outfit which is definitely added to with the matching heels and the blouse. Keeping it fun with gold sunglasses though^ Secondly the Brown Suede Boots, which I think are going to be so perfect across the Autumn/Winter season. It was easy to pick out a matching coat, this is a firm Autumn look and not a transitional one, and then I picked out the navy from the threads of colour running through the coat. I just really love it! And I'm super pleased with the accessories, love how fun this belt and the bag look in the styling - I'll be re-wearing this for sure =D And finally the Navy Blazer, in what is another firm favourite of an outfit. I've been wearing this for a few days now and people seem to like it which is always a good sign^ I find navy super easy to wear, and I love the slight casual vibe I've added with the light wash denim, it makes a good contrast from the dark tones in every other piece in the look. So glad about getting to use these booties, they're great in this look, overall I'm super pleased!
Features Now for the features, I love these looks so much! First up is AmitMaya styling the Courdory Blazer very cooly paired with burnt tones - it looks amazing! I love the dress layered with the orange pool, the golden dots really pop out and the bag adds some extra oomph, the pairing works great with this new coat. The boots are also a perfect choice, really great for an Autumnal styling, I love it!
Next up we have anaritamiranda, also styling the Courdory Blazer but including the Rattan Bag. This is a perfect look for transitioning between the seasons, and I simply love this cool pairing of the coats, it's amazing! The jeans add a casual touch to the quite glamorous styling, which looks good, and I love the bag layering these pieces are perfect together and make a great style =D
And the final feature, midnightmonkey6 wearing the Tulle Slip Dress in a very sleek outfit. As a sheer dress, to make into an everyday look, layering is required, and this one is perfect. I love the trousers used under the dress rather than skirting, this looks fantastic, and this sheeny polo is also a perfect choice matching with the leather boots and headband. The bag slung just over one arm keeps the dress open to show off all the details =)

1 comment:

  1. your outfits for this new collection are amazing Ö love them all, specially the one in the middle with navy blue and brown!

    ReplyDelete